• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

2 new homes each reduced $100k

New posts
If an adveritized 100k price drop is a joke, then I believe comments are free game. 100k off of an already inflated price is a joke.
In a falling market, price below projected next 2 price falls and sell before market goes lower.

I have seen "distressed", "panic", and other terms, to find out the sellers are simply using a marketing scam to get one to look at the property or properties in some cases.

Fair game I say.
 
spinDrAtl said:
On an informational thread like this, no.

If it was a thread where someone was obviously pumping up a properties, using used car sales weasel statements, probably.

Understood, but we're not seing any of that on here are we? Except I think there was one poster trying to sell some wetlands and was pummeled hard with facts, not sarcasm.

I have no interest in the homes we're talking about other than hosting the website and doing photography quite awhile ago. They asked me to change the prices on the site and I thought it was worth posting here for general interest. They did not ask me to do it.
 
georgeinnwfl said:
If an adveritized 100k price drop is a joke, then I believe comments are free game. 100k off of an already inflated price is a joke.
In a falling market, price below projected next 2 price falls and sell before market goes lower.

I have seen "distressed", "panic", and other terms, to find out the sellers are simply using a marketing scam to get one to look at the property or properties in some cases.

Fair game I say.

Do you see a joke? Was the old price inflated? Do you know when the last home sold in that subdivision and at what price?

How do you project 2 price falls? Are prices going lower? Did anyone use the terms distressed or panic in this thread?
 
I'm not buying any more places, but I think it would be helpful for me to have people post opportunities on this board if I was looking. Even though I'm not buying at this point (I already have my slice of heaven in SoWal), I sometimes read this thread to learn about the different communities. I, too, get turned off by the sarcasm though, especially when I'm trying to get useful information (which is typically what I'm looking for).

And who knows, one of these days I may have a friend or colleague looking for a place.
 
Kurt, thanks for sharing! I think the houses look great. If I were interested in purchasing another house right now then I would definitely take a look. I enjoyed your virtual tours as always. Thanks again for letting us know when they are opportunities we might be interested in. You're the best!
 
If you will CAREFULLY reread my post, I stated some have used panic distressed, et al, as marketing gimic terms.
In terms of price and historical references ... in falling markets, such as we have in the areas denoted, prices last year are marginally considered. One has to take a longer and more enlightened investor view. Also, without an emotional one.

In closing, if a poster determines a 100k price drop is a joke, choosing whichever method he wishes to highlight this view, then I support his freedom to state such opinion.

Have a nice day.


kurt said:
Do you see a joke? Was the old price inflated? Do you know when the last home sold in that subdivision and at what price?

How do you project 2 price falls? Are prices going lower? Did anyone use the terms distressed or panic in this thread?
 
kurt said:
Understood, but we're not seing any of that on here are we? Except I think there was one poster trying to sell some wetlands and was pummeled hard with facts, not sarcasm.

I have no interest in the homes we're talking about other than hosting the website and doing photography quite awhile ago. They asked me to change the prices on the site and I thought it was worth posting here for general interest. They did not ask me to do it.

True, I am basically agreeing that posts like these should not be flamed.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top