• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

? about helicopters

New posts

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
What do the helicopters do when they fly over? I was told when we were there a few weeks ago that they are on the look out for sharks--if so, who do they report to, when, etc. I could see someone "hanging out" looking down but I would think that if they spotted something, buy the time the message got to those in the water it would be too late. Espically when you are on a beach that doesnt have a life guard or beach patrol close by. We were at Camping on the Gulf in Sandestin.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Sometimes, they land, await the boarding of Taylor Hicks, then, wisk him off to LA.
is this one of the reasons why we don't love you all the time? (proverbial ;-) )

Like arkiegirl, I'm awaiting an answer to a very curious question.
 
I just thought they were just checking out the girls on the beach :idontno:
 
Johnrudy said:
is this one of the reasons why we don't love you all the time? (proverbial ;-) )

Like arkiegirl, I'm awaiting an answer to a very curious question.
Well, it is true and it happened about the same time frame. :idontno:
 
Arkie,

Allot of the helicopters you see are just doing their basic maneuvers from the airports from whence they came; they may be in or out of the pattern; practicing OR instructing.

Others are giving Helicopter tours; that is quite popular among tourists that have never been to the emerald coast; as it is (IMOO) the most beautiful coast in the world.....

And lastly, media, and photo Journalist I would imagine.

Sharks are most always visible in the water from above; and depending on what season, Cobia season is.. .(I think ) March-May......... I have heard of people "scouting" for those b4.........

Perhaps some of the more savvy~ will ping in on this and lend a hand....

Biff



arkiegirl said:
What do the helicopters do when they fly over? I was told when we were there a few weeks ago that they are on the look out for sharks--if so, who do they report to, when, etc. I could see someone "hanging out" looking down but I would think that if they spotted something, buy the time the message got to those in the water it would be too late. Espically when you are on a beach that doesnt have a life guard or beach patrol close by. We were at Camping on the Gulf in Sandestin.
 
9 out of 10 I see are from the bases and hanging out is how those guys enjoy the beach. Probably trying to keep cool also.

060329-grayton-002.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top