• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

an interesting bug in my yard

New posts

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Today I saw this really cool bug in my yard. I didn't have a camera and that sucker was fast. I found it using google. It was a velvet ant which is a female flightless wasp. Apparently I'm lucky I didn't get stung by it.

cowkiller_dave.jpg
 
Last edited:
I got bit by a Velvet Elvis
 
Hey,

I saw a cow ant yesterday, it was floating in the pool and didn't fly off when I scooped it out. It had a beautiful vibrant red color against the blue.

Peace!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top