• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

BCC to become more customer focused

New posts

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
At the last meeting of the Republican Executive Committee, BCC Chairman Larry Jones spoke to give an update on what the BCC had accomplished and where they were going. One thing brought up was a recent revision in the Strategic Plan for Walton County, moving customer service to the number one priority. Commissioner Jones stated that the public employees of Walton County are really the employees of the citizens, and the BCC was going to undertake a renewed effort to refocus the employees on being more responsive to the citizens. For the future he mentioned the new park being built in Morrison Springs as well as the planned upgrades for Helen McCall Park. 2008 appears that it is going to be focused on Quality of Life issues such as these parks, the Senior Center in DeFuniak Springs, and partnerships with other organizations such as the DeFuniak Springs Boys and Girls Club.
 
maybe it is beginning to work: I emailed Commissioner Comander the other day with a public works question. I immediately had a response from her assistant, saying the Commisisoner was out of town, but that she, the assistant, would try to get me an answer as soon as possible.

Within a day I had a very thorough, polite, helpful answer to my question from Public Works.

This was wonderful. The way I would expect our BCC to operate; sad to say, it has not always been this way. In fact, I have waited over two weeks for even an acknowledgement of my request; in some cases (not Com. Comander), I have never received a response!

So: I am all for customer service. :clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top