• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Biscotti recipe

New posts
Pea, if you have a Costco near you, they sell butternut squash-filled ravioli. That's about as close a substitute as I can think of, although Trader Joe's probably would be a good source to check as well.
Mermaid, we just "rejoined" a few weeks ago after letting our membership lapse a year, so I'll get some!
It is :wub:


Excellent idea Mermy. Trader Joes might have it.
I actually thought maybe that's where you had found it, Mango, but I'd never noticed it there. Thanks, everyone!
 
I agree, Mango, that sometimes fresh pasta isn't as good as store-bought pasta (e.g., linquini, spaghetti, etc.). But I swear that the ravioli my family makes is so delicate and amazing and full of flavor -- we do get flour everywhere, though. But it's nice when a special event comes and we can just pull the ravioli out of the freezer and have a very special but easy meal to prepare.

I also agree with Mango that store-bought pasta is typically better. with a few exceptions. The only ravioli I've ever died over is homemade. And I've had a few homemade wide strand pastas that were just so wonderful (a cooking class I attended at Kitchenique, The Three Amigos - 3 italian men making fresh pasta and fresh sauces - wonderful). Other than that, forgetaboutit. I've never made fresh pasta myself (my specialty is in the sauces) but would like to try ravioli and tagiatelle.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top