• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Biting flies

New posts

Sunnymare

Beach Comber
We may be camping at Grayton soon. Can anyone tell me if the biting flies are bad now? And what spray will work on them? Had about 100 bites on me last time I tried to camp there. Thx!
 
I noticed that they had installed some of the black glue ball deterrents up at Eden Garden State Park. Maybe they have put some up in the Grayton camping area.
 
The horrible yellow flies are basically gone now with a few leftovers, as far as I can tell. Will they return? I don't know.

Biting black flies cell and go with the wind, usually closer to fall... Those are awful at the beach.

People have posted about sprays that work but I don't think anything really does the trick. You can search forum for previous discussion.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top