• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blue Mountain Beach

New posts

Quint

Beach Comber
I've been going down to BMB for nearly a dozen times per year for the past 15 years or so and have seen a great deal of change and several storms in that time. I have long been a proponent of the property owners on the beachside and thier rights to secure their property / investment. However, I noticed this weekend that one of the houses along the beach that suffered greatly from last year's storm had begun erecting a seawall even though a good portion of his house is still laying on the beach. It's a shape that he's going to fill in the backside of his seawall with the debris from his house. What a shame!
 
Quint said:
I've been going down to BMB for nearly a dozen times per year for the past 15 years or so and have seen a great deal of change and several storms in that time. I have long been a proponent of the property owners on the beachside and thier rights to secure their property / investment. However, I noticed this weekend that one of the houses along the beach that suffered greatly from last year's storm had begun erecting a seawall even though a good portion of his house is still laying on the beach. It's a shape that he's going to fill in the backside of his seawall with the debris from his house. What a shame!

Isn't there some sort of deadline when all debris has to be off the beach? Surely this guy isn't going to use the remnants of his destroyed home to fill in behind his seawall.
 
Quint said:
I've been going down to BMB for nearly a dozen times per year for the past 15 years or so and have seen a great deal of change and several storms in that time. I have long been a proponent of the property owners on the beachside and thier rights to secure their property / investment. However, I noticed this weekend that one of the houses along the beach that suffered greatly from last year's storm had begun erecting a seawall even though a good portion of his house is still laying on the beach. It's a shape that he's going to fill in the backside of his seawall with the debris from his house. What a shame!
I know of at least one house in BMB where this has already been done. Interestingly, the temporary permits were supposed to be issued only for people to shore up their homes from damage, not to extend property out for people to rebuild new homes.
 
I noticed in the photo section that there's a picture of the house in BMB that I mentioned to begin this thread.

Q
 
Quint said:
I noticed in the photo section that there's a picture of the house in BMB that I mentioned to begin this thread.

Q
I think that one is for sale if you are interested.

poop in my own back yard and then sell the house. :bang:

Just one more reason not to walk barefoot on the beach after the big storms roll in.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top