• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Brush Fire in Freeport

New posts

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Anyone scene the brush fire on the north side of the Bay in Freeport. Its a very shallow area thats going to be tough to reach. I saw it burning pretty good around 6:00. Just returned from walking the dog at 9:30 and that fire appears to be burning pretty good. I could see the flames pretty good from Ivy Lane/E. Pt. Washington Road area. I called 911 and they are aware of the fire.
 
We were on Grayton Beach last night and saw an orange glow and smoke coming from the Pt Washington area. It appeared to go away not long after we saw it. Was it in Devil's Swamp or in on the north side of the Choctawhatchee River?
 
I saw it crossing 331 bridge last night. I think it was roughly across from Point Washington, but I didn't get a great look-too busy watching for yahoos coming at me in my lane:bang:
 
It appeared to be west of what my dad used to call "South Mouth." Swampy area near the juction of the Choctawhatchee River with the Bay; difficult to get to. Lightning strike, no homes lost.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top