• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Building Costs in Destiny

New posts

traderx

Beach Fanatic
We will be relocating to the Destin area this fall and are interested in building a home in Destiny. I am interested in getting some ballpark numbers per square foot. I realize that it depends on many factors but here is what we envision:

It would be a 2,400 SF home with finishes typical of other homes in Destiny. Three bedrooms, 3.5 baths, tile floors except carpet in bedrooms, 2 car garage.

Thank you in advance for your help!
 
I am Robert Infinger(Robin Enterprises) a licensed General Contractor. I have built in Emerald Bay,Emerald Shores and other gated communities and generally prices are in the 250 to 300 Sq. Ft. depending on your amenties. I would be glad to look at your plan or help you develope some.
 
Hi Robert and thanks for your response.

Does the 250-300 range per SF include land or just building costs?

thanks again.
 
Hi DuneLaker,

We love SoWal and that is where we always stay on vacation. However, in looking for a permanent home, we have a few goals:

1. One story home;
2. Walking distance to beach;
3. Away from bulk of tourists;
4. Close to Sacred Hearts Hospital.

I am not aware of such a neighborhood in SoWal in our price range, roughly up to $700 K. If you know of a neighborhood, I am all ears. We love Gulf Place but it has evolved out of our price range unfortunately.

Thank you
 
I have a friend who has some homes for sale in Destiny--and some lots with plans to build.
Here are some of his listings.

Destiny by the Sea Home-37 Conch Cay
$1,999,900​
Destiny by the Sea Home-4794 Ocean Blvd
$1,799,900​
Destiny by the Sea-Gulf Front Home-Lot#19
$4,499,900​
Destiny by the Sea-Gulf Front Home Site-Lot#3
$2,999,900​


I see that your budget is around 700,000.
He has a house for sale on Avalon Beach---around that price.

his website is http://www.beachsidemanagementgroup.com/avalon_lot23/avalon_lot23.html
 
Hi DuneLaker,

We love SoWal and that is where we always stay on vacation. However, in looking for a permanent home, we have a few goals:

1. One story home;
2. Walking distance to beach;
3. Away from bulk of tourists;
4. Close to Sacred Hearts Hospital.

I am not aware of such a neighborhood in SoWal in our price range, roughly up to $700 K. If you know of a neighborhood, I am all ears. We love Gulf Place but it has evolved out of our price range unfortunately.

Thank you

Flamingo Village or Cypress Dunes. :welcome:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top