• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Building Energy Efficiency

New posts
Edward Mazria, founder of Architecture 2030, takes a closer look at a building energy efficiency study commissioned by the Commercial Real Estate Development Corporation.

To read more about this, visit the Eco Design + Living blog.

I hope Obama takes a more balanced approach to this issue than he has on some others. The office building industry has been through the mill in many respects. Office-of-the-Future as promulgated by the Brill study; the "Green" building revolution along with its competing interests even as mundane as outside air makeup on mechanical systems along with minimum requirements of CFM per person and the whipped cream on top called ADA. The NYT article refers to "climate deniers" so its tone is to divide and conquer I suppose or at least appease its reader base. I hope Obama will assume a problem-solving objective mode.
 
traderx, can you please post a link to the Brill study? I'd be interested in checking it out.

I'll be posting a follow-up to that post, outlining Mazria's suggestions for reducing energy consumption in buildings.
 
traderx, can you please post a link to the Brill study? I'd be interested in checking it out.

I'll be posting a follow-up to that post, outlining Mazria's suggestions for reducing energy consumption in buildings.

The study a/k/a as the BOSTI study is not online apparently. Below is link to Michael Brill's website. Some basic concepts are depicted on his website. BTW, the study did not concern itself with energy efficiency but my comment was that there have been many changes and wrinkles in the office building industry and at the moment, that market is quickly softening and I hope Obama takes a partnering attitude instead of demanding, us-against-them approach.

BOSTI Associates
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top