• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Code Enforcement Article

New posts
:lolabove: on the phone books!!!

I also would appraciate knowing what to do about building code violations. I see them and would hate to think of what the poor owners are going to be dealing with someday when they try to collect insurance money and the insurance company says phooey to them.

On..... list....... now. Thanks :wave:
 
In addition to the remove it or lose it on the beach, check to see if a special requirement to keep items away from coastal dune lake outfalls still exists. Seems like there was a certain number of feet on either side to keep clear. This would certainly help keep overnight junk from being left about. Ditto on phone books. Ditto on sprinklers.
 
Al, are you going to visit with code enforcement in your investigation? Just curios to get both sides of the story. Any time I visited or had contact with them they have been very helpful. Thanks! Dale
 
Al, are you going to visit with code enforcement in your investigation? Just curios to get both sides of the story. Any time I visited or had contact with them they have been very helpful. Thanks! Dale


Absolutely!!!!! I'll be getting in contact with them tomorrow. I just wanted some posters issues, besides my questions, that people were interested in to ask, when I contact them. I want this to be an informative article for the public with the CE's response. I don't do witch hunts :biggrin: Thanks for asking :wave:
 
Light and Noise. How about checking on the noise ordinance while you're doing your research? Usually not a problem for me, but some found handy during unusually rowdy Spring Break this year. Is there anything about a really obnoxious light that obscures vision and invades into ones room at night? How about dock lights that are left on all night which are too bright and obscure moonlight and stars.
 
One thing you might check on is what is done, if anything, about homes which are abandoned and become a possible health hazard due to rats and other undesirable occupants. We have such a dwelling in our immediate area. They have been called about it but no response regarding possible action has been given. Also, thanks, Scooter, for the info about the SoWal sticker and the magnet. My SoWal sticker is now firmly attached to my trunk lid without the possibility of it damaging my car's paint job. Thanks again!
 
Thank SWGB - he figured it out so he stealth Sowal sticker me without me pitching a fit about permanent stickers on cars, fridges etc! :funn:
 
One thing you might check on is what is done, if anything, about homes which are abandoned and become a possible health hazard due to rats and other undesirable occupants. We have such a dwelling in our immediate area. They have been called about it but no response regarding possible action has been given.

I would think that would be kinda hard to do anything about since so many places here are second homes and sit unoccupied for months at a time. If one is truly abandoned I am sure they have certain things/protocol they have to follow in order to get someone to check on it, but that is usually a long process and could take years before you see any action.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top