• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cornbread Muffins

New posts
Beachmouse, you should be shot. :floor:

The recipe on the package of "Aunt Jemimah's Buttermilk Cornmeal" is a great southern cornbread recipe. My Grandmas always used bacon grease as the oil, and they made some great cornbread. Trying to eat 'mo-better, I use olive oil instead of the bacon grease, and I think the cornbread is just as tasty as my grandmas'. If you like a little sweeter cornbread, add a touch more sugar. Of course, if you want to get a little fancy, add a few kernels of corn or diced Jalape?o peppers into the mix. Good stuff.
 
The real Southerners are going to mock me for saying it, but for a quick way to satisfy a corn muffin jones, the Jiffy box mixes aren't bad, and are widely available in the Midwest.

Beachmouse: jiffy is great for corn muffins - yes! add some blueberries, and you've got a delicious treat. but, if you are hankering for real cornbread to go with your collards or fried chicken dinner, jiffy will not do at all.
 
Last edited:
Y'all, I need to resurrect this thread because I'm looking for a corn muffin recipe for the slightly sweeter version of traditional cornbread. We have a BBQ hole in the wall here that sells them--they're almost good enough to be dessert--and I want to make them for dinner (er, supper) tonight.
P.S. Please hurry, it is sleeting like a mothergrabber here, and I have to get to the grocery store soon!
 
Y'all, I need to resurrect this thread because I'm looking for a corn muffin recipe for the slightly sweeter version of traditional cornbread. We have a BBQ hole in the wall here that sells them--they're almost good enough to be dessert--and I want to make them for dinner (er, supper) tonight.
P.S. Please hurry, it is sleeting like a mothergrabber here, and I have to get to the grocery store soon!
I take the recipe off of the side of the Quaker corn meal box and add a little sugar. Brush the tops of the muffins with a little butter right after taking them out of the oven.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top