• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Deer Lake Outflow

New posts

kimbug

Beach Lover
Don't know if this is grounds for a post & maybe it should go under some other thread like what not to do while visiting the beach but I thought I could at least vent a little here...

My family and I are visiting (having a grayt time I might add) this week. We haven't spent every second on the beach like we usually do as the June grass has been randomly heavy, but oh well it's nature. We are at Watersound West so enjoying the entire pool to ourselves and awesome surroundings. Btw...thanks to any and all who helped me choose to stay here. We will always be choosing a house for our future visits instead of our usual condo at Adagio. That was always nice but this is spectacular!!

Anyway, the reason for my post is that I saw something today that made me angry. We spent most of the day at the beach but headed for the pool around 2:00. We returned to the beach late in the day for a walk when we saw a man and what appeared to be his son digging out (or more like reshaping) the outflow. All morning we enjoyed watching skim boarders, young boys fishing, etc...but just couldn't believe these 2. Several people told them not to do it as they were tampering with a natural flow but they seemed oblivious.

I guess I just don't understand some people...the ones who leave trash behind, trample dunes, etc...and because I am appreciating the stunning beauty of this area so much more than in past visits (maybe because we are pratically in the state park) I just was upset by some people's idea of "fun":bang:.

Anyway, I just thought I'd comment on it. I also want to say that each visit my love of this place grows, not only for it's beauty but for it's warmth and heart of the people who are so lucky to live here.
 
Thank you for your post.......you are appreciated and the kind of visitor we like!!!! Welcome!
 
Kurt can we get a sticky with the appropriate phone numbers to call when this is witnessed? I'm sure 911 doesn't want to hear about it and I don't think the sheriff's department can do anything.
 
The Walton County Sheriffs non-emergency # is........267-2000. It is against the law to do this and I am sure that one call will get a deputy to the scene.
 
Thanks for the info. I just put it into my phone. There are a ton of kids digging around it right now. So I'll check it out after we return to the beach from lunch.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top