• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Destin Chops on 30a

New posts
Enjoyed dinner at Chops very much Saturday night. Had sushi as appetizer and it was terrific. If you are not a steak fan, I'd still very much recommend stopping by the bar to sample the chef's creations. Very fresh tuna, salmon, and yellow-fin, really well done with the rice. The steaks were wonderful cuts of meat. The comment above about the butter is correct. I really thought the butter took away from the quality of the steak and its preparation and overpowered the flavor of the beef. Next time, will ask if it can be left out. Otherwise the service was fantastic and the whole experience was very enjoyable. They said they plan to stay open this winter, and I very much hope they (and others) are successful in moving to year round operations.
 
Enjoyed dinner at Chops very much Saturday night. Had sushi as appetizer and it was terrific. If you are not a steak fan, I'd still very much recommend stopping by the bar to sample the chef's creations. Very fresh tuna, salmon, and yellow-fin, really well done with the rice. The steaks were wonderful cuts of meat. The comment above about the butter is correct. I really thought the butter took away from the quality of the steak and its preparation and overpowered the flavor of the beef. Next time, will ask if it can be left out. Otherwise the service was fantastic and the whole experience was very enjoyable. They said they plan to stay open this winter, and I very much hope they (and others) are successful in moving to year round operations.

Ruth's Chris leaves the butter off if you ask. I am sure they will also. A fine steak does not sit in butter and I am a real butter fan. I am a purist, salt, pepper and steak, no sauces if the steak is prime! It has its' own great flavor......even if cooked in an iron skillet.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top