• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Does it really make a difference

New posts
Without saying what letter was behind his name...my dad was an elected official in Atlanta. The party he was registered with was chosen solely to better his chances of winning and not because of his leanings.

It probably happens less at a state and national level, but to think that it doesn't happen at all is really naive
 
Without saying what letter was behind his name...my dad was an elected official in Atlanta. The party he was registered with was chosen solely to better his chances of winning and not because of his leanings.

It probably happens less at a state and national level, but to think that it doesn't happen at all is really naive
Of course it does. But it's not the same any longer. Even at the local level if you choose R just to get votes you have to sign on to a litany of soul crushing beliefs and lies.
 
Without saying what letter was behind his name...my dad was an elected official in Atlanta. The party he was registered with was chosen solely to better his chances of winning and not because of his leanings.

It probably happens less at a state and national level, but to think that it doesn't happen at all is really naive
None of that s**t applies to the current situation. :blink:
 
Without saying what letter was behind his name...my dad was an elected official in Atlanta. The party he was registered with was chosen solely to better his chances of winning and not because of his leanings.

It probably happens less at a state and national level, but to think that it doesn't happen at all is really naive
And it means way more at a state and national level than it does at a local level. That should be apparent.
 
Last edited:
Charlie Crist is just an odd man out. Frankly, he doesn't have much relevance anymore. But, if you have an R behind your name, and you haven't vocally spoken out against the atrocities fostered during the Trump regime, specifically the attempt to overthrow the election of 2020, then you are a piece of....well, you are a piece of the problem. As Lindsey Graham stated during the run-up to the election of 2016, "If we nominate, and elect Donald Trump as president, then, it will mean the destruction of the Republican party, and we will deserve it." If you can't trust Lindsey Graham. If you can't trust Lindsey Graham, who can you trust?
Well I am a big supporter of Charlie Crist. He is a good leader for this State...for this Country. Up until Trump I did not think too much of whether a candidate had a D or an R behind their name. I do now! I think humans are complex creatures who change their minds frequently and that is not always a bad thing. We live. We learn. Things change. Anyone who watched the Debate between Crist and DeSantis should be able to understand how these two men will represent us. Crist is a much better choice for Florida. Insurance rates are a disaster. Infrastructure is a disaster. Equality and Justice is a disaster (especially if you are female). Education will soon become a disaster. If Florida was a blue state do you believe Trump (as President) would approve 2 billion dollars on Hurricane cleanup? I no longer trust anyone running for political office with an R behind their name and I am very sad about that. The Economy is very important but Truth and Justice is most important for we the people. Democrats have room for improvement. Republicans are not going to improve based on what I see and hear almost daily and it really does make me sad...
 
Well I am a big supporter of Charlie Crist. He is a good leader for this State...for this Country. Up until Trump I did not think too much of whether a candidate had a D or an R behind their name. I do now! I think humans are complex creatures who change their minds frequently and that is not always a bad thing. We live. We learn. Things change. Anyone who watched the Debate between Crist and DeSantis should be able to understand how these two men will represent us. Crist is a much better choice for Florida. Insurance rates are a disaster. Infrastructure is a disaster. Equality and Justice is a disaster (especially if you are female). Education will soon become a disaster. If Florida was a blue state do you believe Trump (as President) would approve 2 billion dollars on Hurricane cleanup? I no longer trust anyone running for political office with an R behind their name and I am very sad about that. The Economy is very important but Truth and Justice is most important for we the people. Democrats have room for improvement. Republicans are not going to improve based on what I see and hear almost daily and it really does make me sad...
I just voted for Christ, of course. My point is that he has shown very little passion and has run a lukewarm campaign. I saw zero campaign ads by him on channel 13, and I just think he is an empty suit. But still better than DeSantis.
 
I just voted for Christ, of course. My point is that he has shown very little passion and has run a lukewarm campaign. I saw zero campaign ads by him on channel 13, and I just think he is an empty suit. But still better than DeSantis.

Never came to the panhandle.

Im just curious why my insurance rates haven't dropped yet?
 
Never came to the panhandle.

Im just curious why my insurance rates haven't dropped yet?
The DNC chair should be Barack Obama, and I'll bet he would take the job in a heartbeat.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top