• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

External Hard Drive

New posts

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
I looked for a technology forum here so figured this was the best place. Any suggestions for an external hard drive? At least 500GB wanted and durable.....I have a tendency to bump things. Thanks All Y'all!!
 
You should be able to back up your iTunes nicely on that Lynnie! ;)
 
I use Western Digital, the basic ones, but I don't throw them around. They make some that are designed to take a beating, but they are bulkier and cost more, but will be more likely to protect your data.

On a side note, if your computer has "firewire" you can find firewire external drives, and the data is transferred much faster than USB connection, especially if you have videos, music (large files) to pull and push.
 
:biggrin: I have a lot of gig in addition to my music, Douglas. I like the Hitachi, too....it seems rugged and has USB instead of AC. I have a Western Digital now and it works great, but is smaller and I think I just need another back up.....you know?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top