• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

finally!

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
speaking of military, did you guys feel the three big bombs that went off this morning in Eglin? They were huge and shook my house more than Hurricane Katrina winds did.

Almost wish we did SJ...we were in Sowal in Jan/Feb earlier this year...went on a pontoon boat ride into St. Andrew's Bay and saw/and heard what we thought were "bomb" smoke and noises...it brings it home...
 
whitesands said:
Almost wish we did SJ...we were in Sowal in Jan/Feb earlier this year...went on a pontoon boat ride into St. Andrew's Bay and saw/and heard what we thought were "bomb" smoke and noises...it brings it home...

might have been the pirate ship - nothing like getting blasted by black powder!

Sea-Dragon-post-card.jpg


http://www.piratecruise.net
 
Smiling JOe said:
Deer Fly

Smilie J's Bug Juice works well at repelling Mosquitos, Deer Flies, and Yellow Flies, but I have not taken it to market just yet.

The Deer fly is a nuisance for sure - and so is the dreaded Maine 'Moose Fly' which really hurts :eek:


moosefly.jpg
 
scrltbegonya said:
The first time I got bit by a yellow fly my foot swelled up so bad I could not put on my tennis shoe and barely my Birkenstocks - extended to the last buckle. However, I have not had a bite swell that bad since then. It's almost like I gain more immunity every year. Or maybe it is all in my head. Probably the latter.

AND Reece - I hope you enjoy your trip! See ya around!

Yes you do build a resistance over time. They hardly even bother with me any more. I laugh at them. :lol:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top