• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Flips Flops Gumbo--yummmm!!!!

New posts

Grace1

Beach Comber
I've finally found a REALLY good gumbo! Shea has added soups, salads, and baked sandwiches to the menu at Flip Flops in Seagrove...I myself have the gumbo at least twice a week. Go check it out!
 
Today there was shrimp and sausage...I've had it before with shrimp, oysters, and crab. The roux is what is really good..
 
IMO, if a gumbo doesn't have a proper roux to it, it's just another pretty soup. Will have to put Flip Flops on my list if we find ourselves that far east at lunchtime.
 
I may have to make a special effort to get some of this.

Gumbo of any sort is on my list of things I adore, but can never get quite right, not to mention it makes enough to feed an army, but there are only two of us here that eat it. ShallowsSquirt likes the seafood but the okra creeps him out.
 
We make our roux homemade and don't use okra. Being a native of South Louisiana I have cooked many a Gumbo, so it's sort of second nature. Come try it out.

Flip Flops
Shea
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top