• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fun, good Tex-Mex on 30?

New posts
Any recipes? If you are what you eat, we'd be Tex-Mex because we normally go out for it (only 2 miles away) about twice a week. When I cook Tex-Mex at home, I typically make tacos with the Old El Paso shells and seasoning because it's easy, but it's not as good as at a Tex-Mex restaurant. The only great successes that I've had making Mexican food is using my daughter's salsa and chicken taco recipes that I've posted before. That's the limit of my repertoire. Oh, and the Gordo's cheese dip that Publix carries is good.

So some easy recipes would be nice!
I don't use many recipes, I just wing it, doing it differently every time, although I do have a good recipe for Shreded Chix Tortilla Soup somewhere.
Here is a LaPaz menu item -- Barbecued Shrimp Quesadilla. Easy to make and delicious! Just make the usual quesadilla and sautee some shrimp for the meat. Top off with barbecue sauce, quac, and sour creme. I still use cumin, chili powder, and garlic to season the peppers.
 
Last edited:
Any recipes? If you are what you eat, we'd be Tex-Mex because we normally go out for it (only 2 miles away) about twice a week. When I cook Tex-Mex at home, I typically make tacos with the Old El Paso shells and seasoning because it's easy, but it's not as good as at a Tex-Mex restaurant. The only great successes that I've had making Mexican food is using my daughter's salsa and chicken taco recipes that I've posted before. That's the limit of my repertoire. Oh, and the Gordo's cheese dip that Publix carries is good.

So some easy recipes would be nice!

Me too. I should have turned into salsa by now. I put it on everything! The best I've found is Jack's Special. It's amazing.

I buy chihuahua cheese (extremely hard to find) chop up some jalepenos and stir in some milk.


I might have Mexican for lunch now I'm so hungry.
 
I like La Ramba too. I judge a mexican place on the cheese dip and i think La Rumba beats Coco's


I gotta disagree with you here! love my coco's cheese dip... yummy!!!!!!!! I just didn't like La Ramba in general.

but I do agree with you on how to judge a mexican place: I look for cheese dip, salsa, tortillas and margaritas, and also chile rellenos. in that order.
 
Last edited:
I don't use many recipes, I just wing it, doing it differently every time, although I do have a good recipe for Shreded Chix Tortilla Soup somewhere.
Here is a LaPaz menu item -- Barbecued Shrimp Quesadilla. Easy to make and delicious! Just make the usual quesadilla and sautee some shrimp for the meat. Top off with barbecue sauce, quac, and sour creme. I still use cumin, chili powder, and garlic to season the peppers.
Thanks for the tips!

Me too. I should have turned into salsa by now.
I might have Mexican for lunch now I'm so hungry.
Ditto and ditto.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top