I have to be honest with you swgb... Mr. JR is a cell phone designer with one of the largest communications companies in the world and he can get all the downloaded stuff he wants for his phone (for free as a perk) and he chose the Garmin. He said NONE of the designers care for the phone service nearly as much. It's just not that good and he says it's expensive.Avoid the extra piece of equipment and ask your cell phone provider if they offer it. All of them download the directions fresh every time from a server that is updated more frequently than the little boxes and most offer traffic/construction/other avoidance features.
I have to be honest with you swgb... Mr. JR is a cell phone designer with one of the largest communications companies in the world and he can get all the downloaded stuff he wants for his phone (for free as a perk) and he chose the Garmin. He said NONE of the designers care for the phone service nearly as much. It's just not that good and he says it's expensive.
Sounds nasty - what kind did all these bad things?
I'd like to stay around the $200 price range, but it sounds like good ones are about $400?
I'd have to find the box. I can tell you it wasn't a mainstream brand. My brother gave it to us when he "upgraded." I don't think it's even possible this experience could happen to you today.
On a side note, don't try to GPS the Courthouse Annex's Coastal Centre Blvd. address. You will wind up at the end of Cabbage Rose Lane. :funn:
I love telling guests that they can try it if they really want to get to Blue Mountain beach from Seagrove via Niceville. The husbands really hate it when they have to resort back to "traditional" directions that use local landmarks to get to the rental. :funn:Most of the GPS things don't work on 30-A.I love telling guests that they can try it if they really want to get to Blue Mountain beach from Seagrove via Niceville. The husbands really hate it when they have to resort back to "traditional" directions that use local landmarks to get to the rental. :funn:
I have heard this too, just wasn't sure what sort of bells and whistles you needed, nor did I know the costs.
If Mr. JR designed the Motorola Pebble (so appropriate for a small, useless, and annoying object) or the Motorola i730 for Nextel please whack him with the largest GPS device you can locate.![]()
I'll be sure to!!