• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grading Local Schools (article)

New posts
Tootsie has cogently expressed my ongoing concerns about FCAT and the A+ for education program. If the school's complete focus becomes FCAT and the grade, then the school's curriculum becomes far too narrow. ...

m

excellent post mark, and thanks!

when I asked for a curriculum at Bay, I was given a copy of Fla standards. is this really the curriculum of the school? I am assuming that first grade,, for example, has a more broad curriculum to present, but that Fla standards are only a portion of the curriculum, and represent very minimum standards. am I correct? still trying to find out about how it all works in public schools these days.

thanks.
 
Yep, they are supposed to be the fundamentals of the reading, writing, math and science curriculum. Sadly, with the heavy emphasis on school grades, they become the whole curriculum if you are not careful.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top