• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grayton Beach Sunset

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
For this evening's Beach visit, I decided to leave the camera at home. I made a great decision. It would have been impossible to capture the beauty of the Beach. The water is mostly emerald green, except for a little tea color spilling out from the lake. The Lake's passage has narrowed down to maybe 10ft in width, but it is over the knee caps in depth. The Gulf is still with the occasional wave breaking. Two men fishing from shore, and one boat on the way to shore after cathcing a few fish. Three people watch the sky from the comfort of there beach chairs. The Beach is fairly empty with the crowd being at the Red Bar. The overcast sky highlights the beautiful pastel colors. Looking out, I notice the brilliant white remains of quartz washed down from the Appalachian Mtns, then my eyes move to the wet sand that is temporarily stained a light brown from the Lake's outflowing batch of tea. That sandy earth color moves your eyes right out to the emerald and blue water which is just as flat and still as the sand. This blue fades right into the quite, light blue sky which turns back into the glowing white clouds overhead, framing the entire view. I could not say whether the sunset was spectacular because I was too busy soaking it all in -- the kind of photo that no one can ever take from you or that you can never misplace. It is the photo that will be shared by only the few folks who took the time to come capture the moment.
 
Ahhhh .... a verbal picture.

Very nice!

:)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Other times a few words present a picture you could never paint.
 
Last edited:
Damn! I opted for Dread Clampitt at the Sea Bar. Not a bad choice as well. :clap_1:

The 3-Thirty-1 sushi is delectable.
 
Smiling JOe said:
For this evening's Beach visit, I decided to leave the camera at home. I made a great decision. It would have been impossible to capture the beauty of the Beach. The water is mostly emerald green, except for a little tea color spilling out from the lake. The Lake's passage has narrowed down to maybe 10ft in width, but it is over the knee caps in depth. The Gulf is still with the occasional wave breaking. Two men fishing from shore, and one boat on the way to shore after cathcing a few fish. Three people watch the sky from the comfort of there beach chairs. The Beach is fairly empty with the crowd being at the Red Bar. The overcast sky highlights the beautiful pastel colors. Looking out, I notice the brilliant white remains of quartz washed down from the Appalachian Mtns, then my eyes move to the wet sand that is temporarily stained a light brown from the Lake's outflowing batch of tea. That sandy earth color moves your eyes right out to the emerald and blue water which is just as flat and still as the sand. This blue fades right into the quite, light blue sky which turns back into the glowing white clouds overhead, framing the entire view. I could not say whether the sunset was spectacular because I was too busy soaking it all in -- the kind of photo that no one can ever take from you or that you can never misplace. It is the photo that will be shared by only the few folks who took the time to come capture the moment.

Wow SJ, that is definetly a double click moment! Thank you for sharing a beautiful sunset.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top