• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Great Southern

New posts

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
I met Cork there for dinner last night and was over joyed by the excellent service. The food was good, too. I have never eaten at Great Southern before (except for Thanksgiving dinner, which was on it's last leg due to the lateness of the hour). The service was wonderful. Cork had Sunshine and Moonbeam with her so we sat in the tented area. The waiter brought the pups some water and some home made yappy treats. We were told that on Saturday's they have "yappy hour" for dogs...how cute!
I had some vegetable sides which were great: fried green tomatoes, collards (YUM!), a side salad which was very good and some fried okra. The okra was fried whole and were pretty good, but not crispy enough for me (next time I will ask that they be kept in the fryer a little longer) Some sort of sauce to go with them would have been nice, too.
Cork had a side salad, sauteed green beans (were YUM!!!) and the fired green tomatoes. These came with a topping of fried frizzled sweet potatoes.
All in all I was very pleased with the experience!! I will go back, and our server, Ryan was great even after he became slammed. He was very plesant AND I liked that he gave his name, I always feel like it is more personal when I know the name of my server.
Not just Ryan, but all the staff were friendly and attentive!!! :lolabove:
 
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, I do appreciate a server who lets you know thier name. Glad to know about yappy hour since we always travel with our yappy. :D

Might have to give it a visit in a few weeks.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top