• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Greetings from SoWal--hee hee

New posts

Beach Goddess

Beach Lover
We happily arrived in SoWal today and I picked up my stickers at Miss Lucille's tonight.

We went to the Spicy Noodle...usually a favorite, but not good tonight. :(

Someone was jammin' at Snapperhead's but we couldn't tell who.

And what's with this rain coming this way????? How am I gonna work on my tan? This means I"m gonna have to shop. Oh darn.....
 
Have a good time and stay away from the creepy fish thread. :cool:
 
miramargal said:
We happily arrived in SoWal today and I picked up my stickers at Miss Lucille's tonight.

We went to the Spicy Noodle...usually a favorite, but not good tonight. :(

Someone was jammin' at Snapperhead's but we couldn't tell who.

And what's with this rain coming this way????? How am I gonna work on my tan? This means I"m gonna have to shop. Oh darn.....

We're coming down to SoWal in a little over a week for our traditional late summer family vacation to SoWal and the Spicy Noodle has always been a favorite.....what did you mean by "not good tonight"? Hope that was an aberration and not a trend. Also can't wait to hit Snapperheads (have some fond memories of late night excursions for some burgers, 'po boys, cold beer and a cigar or two) and the Red Bar!
 
Have a funn and safe vacation Beach Hawk. :biggrin: A beer and a cigar right now sounds good!
 
Miramargal/Beach Hawk: Hope your trips there are grayt!! I hate when I have to shop! ;-)
 
Beach Hawk said:
We're coming down to SoWal in a little over a week for our traditional late summer family vacation to SoWal and the Spicy Noodle has always been a favorite.....what did you mean by "not good tonight"? Hope that was an aberration and not a trend. Also can't wait to hit Snapperheads (have some fond memories of late night excursions for some burgers, 'po boys, cold beer and a cigar or two) and the Red Bar!

Probably a reference to a crushing crowd and service that can't keep up. Last time we were there the kid waiting our table brought us our check and he neglected to add our food to the bill (just drinks!). I was honest and sent him back to correct the problem. I also saw a young mama verbally shame a group at a large table for daring to stare at her terrible two year old ripping apart a condiment setup and screaming like a banshee in an Irish castle. Ahhh, the relaxing vacation! :razz:
 
Sadly, we have now returned from paradise. The reference to the Spicy Noodle was that the crust was shoe leather. My son could not eat it because we were afraid it would pull off one of his braces. It broke my heart. The thing that really turned me against the place was that the server asked how it was, and I VERY nicely explained the situation and she said "oh that's too bad" and still charged us. The dough had waaaay too much flour. The place was waaay too crowded, too, and it seemed like they had trouble keeping up with it. In fact, I noticed that trend at several places.

An aside, I saw one SoWal sticker and it was on a greenish excursion at the Publix at Sandestin yesterday. It also had a beach permit on it. If that was any of you, I parked next to ya and probably passed you in the store. ;)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top