• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gulf water

New posts

JB

Beach Fanatic
Hey guys. Long time. Coming down a week from Sunday. For the locals; Do y'all think the Gulf will return to its normal beauty by then? In looking at the cams, it's still awfully mucky. Thanks!
 
Hey guys. Long time. Coming down a week from Sunday. For the locals; Do y'all think the Gulf will return to its normal beauty by then? In looking at the cams, it's still awfully mucky. Thanks!
Many of the lake outfalls are open after the rain from Alberto and the gulf has been very rough. I'm looking forward to it clearing up and calming down myself, but who knows when that will happen...
 
Here now (Rosemary) and although it’s not glass-like and perfectly clear, it’s still extremely pretty. Not mucky like it can be with June Grass and such. Saw news reports yesterday that Alberto changed the currents and west Galveston had very blue water for a day or so! Usually brown due to sediment kicked up from the Ship Channel. Cracked me up.
 
Down at beach now and even clearer than yesterday with a few waves. It’s back to its normal beautiful self.
 

Attachments

  • 51A08189-3DCC-4960-A9CF-B26812714F41.jpeg
    51A08189-3DCC-4960-A9CF-B26812714F41.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 210
Well at Seagrove Dunes the junegrass is bad enough to make it nearly impossible to fish. I don't know enough about it to say whether it's "really bad" I get the sense that it isn't because the water is fairly clear. My question is does it come and go or is it here to stay for a while? I thought it was gone this morning but when I went back down @ 5pm it was back.
 
Well at Seagrove Dunes the junegrass is bad enough to make it nearly impossible to fish. I don't know enough about it to say whether it's "really bad" I get the sense that it isn't because the water is fairly clear. My question is does it come and go or is it here to stay for a while? I thought it was gone this morning but when I went back down @ 5pm it was back.
Impossible to predict. Typically it will move around unless it is very calm or it accumulates in a trough area. When water is very calm for a long time during the dog days of summer it can really get nasty when it literally rots in place. This is the only time it really bothers me. It can sit in one big mass for a few weeks if there aren't any squalls. This doesn't happen every year and is usually in late summer.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top