Rather B Paddlin
Beach Lover
Dumb question. How are the dunes actually formed? It seems if they were formed by the light sand blowing and depositing on the existing dunes, Mother Nature could take a long time to replenish the dunes.
I understand the concern about visitors trampling on the dunes; but didn't building homes right on top of dunes cause a lot of damage? I have seen some gulf front homes being built on top of dunes with little care for the dunes during the construction.
I feel for the gulf front owners who are going to loose their homes. As the Pensacola City Manager said on CNN "Mother Nature is a mother".
I understand the concern about visitors trampling on the dunes; but didn't building homes right on top of dunes cause a lot of damage? I have seen some gulf front homes being built on top of dunes with little care for the dunes during the construction.
I feel for the gulf front owners who are going to loose their homes. As the Pensacola City Manager said on CNN "Mother Nature is a mother".
Last edited: