• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

information on alys beach

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
The reason the lots are hard to get is that only the developer is selling them. I grew up with the Developer's son in law, who is actively involved in the project, and even I cannot get a lot, not that I would want to live there. It sounds really nice when you hear that a developer does not care about making money, but when it is the Developer's employees telling you that, you should stop to think. Sure, they may care about the type of community they are creating, but they would not be doing this if they did not have the chance to take a bundle back home to Alabama.

Not sure where you're getting your facts. The town founder and developer is Jason Comer, who has a 2-year-old son. You may be thinking of someone at the parent company, Ebsco, based in AL, but the head of the project lives right here in Seagrove with his family.
 
seagrovechick said:
Not sure where you're getting your facts. The town founder and developer is Jason Comer, who has a 2-year-old son. You may be thinking of someone at the parent company, Ebsco, based in AL, but the head of the project lives right here in Seagrove with his family.

I know that Jason lives here, but believe me when I say the money goes back to Alabama. Surely, you do not think that Jason is keeping it all. The money is going back to Alabama, which doesn't concern me in the least. Jason married into the family by the way, and I am not thinking of anyone else.

Don't get me wrong. I think they are a building out a great place. Alys Beach will be a big draw.
 
Joe, your info about Jason Comer is wrong. Jason is the grandson of the founder of EBSCO, Elton B. Stephens. Mr. Stephens recently passed away. Jason's mother, Jane, is Mr. Stephens' daughter. Jason did not marry into the family.

Jason is the developer of Alys Beach and business is conducted with the EBSCO name. EBSCO has another development in Birmingham that was also designed by DPZ. The development is called Alys Beach after Elton Stephens' wife, Alys (Alice).

I don't know your age, but maybe you are thinking of Jason's father.
 
Last edited:
From what I've seen from driving by it looks like the densest development yet - buildings very close together.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top