• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Inlet Beach Vehicle Access Location?

New posts

mkhall

Beach Crab
Hi SoWallers,

I am a SoBay native returning to SoWal (peace? quiet? forget PCB) next week for the first time in many years. We have rented a townhome at the Shoreline complex which is at the bend of South Walton Lakeshore Drive on the beach. I was looking at some photos and there appears to be lots of vehicle tracks in the sand right beside the complex. Is this a beach access for all you SoWallers? And if so, are there many of you coming and going? We have small children and hope this won't be an issue.

Also, let me just say how much I enjoy lurking on this board! Everyone seems so friendly and genuine. It makes me miss living in the Panhandle. I grew up in PCB in the 60s and 70s and as you all know, it ain't what it used to be. SoWal is about as close as we'll ever get to that heyday...I just wish you had a Petticoat Junction (anybody remember that great amusement park?) to take my kids to. :D

Thanks for any info.
 
I know you used to be able to drive there and then I heard you could not. I know that tommorow at the commissioners meeting that the inlet beach driving is one of the topics. I will post if there is anything to tell....
 
Keep in mind that there are county trucks that cause many of the tire tracks you see on the beach. They are picking up trash, riding along the beach for safety reasons, and keeping an eye on things. They won't pose any danger to kids or others on the beach. As far as I know, right now, the public (with a permit) can only drive on the beach in a small area of Grayton. As IBD mentioned, the beach access is on the agends for this week's BCC meeting.
 
Hi SoWallers,

I am a SoBay native returning to SoWal (peace? quiet? forget PCB) next week for the first time in many years. We have rented a townhome at the Shoreline complex which is at the bend of South Walton Lakeshore Drive on the beach. I was looking at some photos and there appears to be lots of vehicle tracks in the sand right beside the complex. Is this a beach access for all you SoWallers? And if so, are there many of you coming and going? We have small children and hope this won't be an issue.

Also, let me just say how much I enjoy lurking on this board! Everyone seems so friendly and genuine. It makes me miss living in the Panhandle. I grew up in PCB in the 60s and 70s and as you all know, it ain't what it used to be. SoWal is about as close as we'll ever get to that heyday...I just wish you had a Petticoat Junction (anybody remember that great amusement park?) to take my kids to. :D

Thanks for any info.


There is a drive-on beach access at Inlet Beach. In order to do so, you must have a beach permit and a in order to get a permit, you must be a property owner.
 
I did not know you could still drive on it but if you can it is at the end of South Walton Lakeshore Drive. You USED to be able to drive all the way to the Bay County line by the Inlet outlet but I dont think you can now???? I have called the Sherrifs dept and they did not know. So Monday I am hoping to find out all the particulars....
 
IBD...thanks for checking. It's too late for us to change our reservations so I'm hoping that there won't be too many vehicles there, if indeed it is still an access. I've never really understood the need to drive all over such a perfect, beautiful beach anyway. Isn't the quote "Leave nothing but footprints" (not tire tracks)?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top