• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Internet options along 30A?

New posts

Dia

Beach Fanatic
On day 3 of no Internet (Mediacom). They come out every week & cannot seem to fix it for long. We have cable tv with them & that works just fine.

What other options are there? How is century link?

Thanks!
 
Centurylink/Embarq is currently on my severe sheet list. Going on week #2 without service and am REALLY tired of not being able to talk to a human and the average 4 day lag time on the "repair ticket."

And don't get me started on the outright lies I am being told as to why it has not been repaired. I swear that "the dog that guards the phone box ate my work order" is going to be next.
 
On day 3 of no Internet (Mediacom). They come out every week & cannot seem to fix it for long. We have cable tv with them & that works just fine.

What other options are there? How is century link?

Thanks!

CenturyLink offers high speed internet and its always great. never a problem. call 'em and get it done today. life is too short for sucky internet. don't get why anyone would do business with Mediacom when all I hear is problem after problem with their services and response. get 'em out of your life and now.

https://www.centurylink.com/Pages/Personal/

I had some changes done by CenturyLink recently on phone lines and they were out here exactly when they said they would be and everything was done without a hitch. the customer service on the phone was excellent, the work done was timely and everything was positive. they upgraded our speed, etc while they were at it.
 
Last edited:
This seems to be a neighborhood-by- neighborhood situation between Mediacom & Century Link.

I have Mediacom cable and internet. Once in a while the internet goes funky for a few hours but rarely a complete outage. Two or three times in 10 years they've had to come out and replace the connectors on the street pole... which is not too bad IMO. It is irritating how they continue to shrink/rearrange the basic & expanded basic cable channel offering with no corresponding price reductions.

I've only kept land line service with Century Link. I suspect Dish probably wouldn't work with so many trees blocking most of the southern exposure.

I've considered moving my land line over to Mediacom... but based on comments, I continue to vacillate about bundling all services with a single provider in an effort to reduce my monthly expenses.

Signed,
Still Undecided
 
We use CenturyLink (the old Embarq) and only have intermittent problems. I have intermittent problems myself, so I can relate. :floor:
 
Centurylink has been good out in historic Pt. Washington. Right after they changed from Embarq to Centurylink we had some issues with it being intermittent, but its been smooth sailing again recently.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top