• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jelleyfish free beach recommendation?

New posts

denver

Beach Crab
Hi all- we are in gulf trace on Grayton Beach. Quite a few jelleyfish around and we have a 3 and 5 year old (not to mention parents) that are disappointed. Any recommendations for other beaches that aren't so sting heavy?
 
Maybe try down at Dune Allen...west end of 30A. I think the lake is running to the beach so there are probably lots of places the kids can play in the water outside the surf. Don't take my word for that though because I haven't been down lately. I thought I saw video of kids playing in the lake outfall. Maybe some of the beach cams can help. Good Luck!
 
Thanks! I have a vague recollection from my childhood (I'm from Denver so not super familiar with the area) of a place near Destin where you can drive out to what feels like an island... That it was a state park?
 
We took the paddle board out around 9 am at the public beach access One Seagrove and stringy worm like jellyfish were present. Both my husband and I got a couple of stings but it didnt last very long. Beautiful day to sit and read on the beach!
 
On our way down this Saturday for the week of the 4th. Staying in Gulf Trace also. Hope the little stingers have moved on by then. I'm sure they'll be replaced by the June Grass though......
 
On our way down this Saturday for the week of the 4th. Staying in Gulf Trace also. Hope the little stingers have moved on by then. I'm sure they'll be replaced by the June Grass though......
small( but growing) patches of June Grass in BMB yesterday and today..it should go in and out with the tide, so everyday is different.last year thickest grasses arrived for real in August.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top