• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jimmy Macon for Sheriff

New posts
Thank you and hoping to become sheriff for a better Walton County where the sheriff will listen as well as stay in contact with the citizens.:D
I liked your statement, but alot of it is feel good stuf that everyone will say. What I want to know is where you stand on the issues. Like, what is your position on deputies living outside the county? What is your position on the sheriff's finance troubles? What is your position on the number of deputies? This is just a start.:wave:
 
I do understand what you are saying about the feel stuff, but those things I will live up to as your sheriff. Now as to your questions: on the sheriff's finance department I will have an audit done yearly by an outside accountant to insure compliance, make sure the personnel in the finance department is properly trained and keep very good track of tax payers money as well as stop wasting tax payers dollars on things that is not needed. As for as deputies living outside the county I think this:D need to be addressed due the extra cost it put on all tax paying citizens in Walton County. However, there will be times the department may need to hire people from outside the county due to not enough personnel within county who meet the standards to become law officers. But if that need to be done I will give them the chance to either move to Walton County within sixth days or park their patrol car at one of the substations after use and drive their own privately vehicle home. Now for the number of deputies the department need at this time is good for now, but I will go before the citizens as this county continue to grow when the time is needed to add more officers before hiring more because it will be your tax dollars that will be used to that. As your sheriff I will always remember that I work for you the citizens and I will get you input on these type of decisions before moving forward.

Thank you
Jimmy Macon
" Macon the Difference"



I liked your statement, but alot of it is feel good stuf that everyone will say. What I want to know is where you stand on the issues. Like, what is your position on deputies living outside the county? What is your position on the sheriff's finance troubles? What is your position on the number of deputies? This is just a start.:wave:

​
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top