• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Locals Helping Locals

New posts
Thank you for the terrific job you were doing keeping up with local restaurants. Is there a list anywhere of restaurants selling gift cards with the special mentioned?
I suggested weeks ago on this forum for people to buy gift cards and give them to workers on the front line… Medical personnel.. first responders are policemen and firemen, truck drivers etc. etc. Why don’t you all lobby for the TDC to handover some of the $75 million they’re sitting on and disperse grants to the small businesses of Walton County/30A. These businesses are the backbone of our county and they are the ones who work their “arms”off catering to the visitors and collecting/paying taxes/revenue. I started this thread only because in the good times us locals get no break and poor service from many of the restaurants along 30A. I’m not the only one who feels like this it’s an attitude that many neighbors and people that live here like I do full-time have talked about. This forum is extremely narrow minded tell it like it is sometimes Teresa..
 
I suggested weeks ago on this forum for people to buy gift cards and give them to workers on the front line… Medical personnel.. first responders are policemen and firemen, truck drivers etc. etc. Why don’t you all lobby for the TDC to handover some of the $75 million they’re sitting on and disperse grants to the small businesses of Walton County/30A. These businesses are the backbone of our county and they are the ones who work their “arms”off catering to the visitors and collecting/paying taxes/revenue. I started this thread only because in the good times us locals get no break and poor service from many of the restaurants along 30A. I’m not the only one who feels like this it’s an attitude that many neighbors and people that live here like I do full-time have talked about. This forum is extremely narrow minded tell it like it is sometimes Teresa..

The Dining & Food forum is a great place to share food news from the community. Anyone is welcome to post and help support our restaurants and food markets. Meanwhile we're doing our best to stay in touch with our friends and businesses, post their updates and share ideas about how to support them during this time. Thank you contributing.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top