• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Long Wait at Most Restaurants?

New posts

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
It's been 7 - 8 years since I've been in the area and I'm starting to realize after reading here that there are major changes & tremendous growth. (Scared... ) So, are there horribly long waits for restaurants? Like here in the Chicago area, if you don't go by 4 or 4:30pm (or wait 'til after 9:30pm), then, you wait for 1.5 to 2 hrs. We don't want that on vacation but afraid it will be the same way.
 
It depends on the restaurant. Make reservations if you can. If they won't take them, ask when to arrive to avoid the wait. The Red Bar is usually an hour wait if you go after 5 but most people seem to like hanging out in the street or visiting the Zoo Gallery.

Overall I don't think you'll have too many problems. But I bet you'll be shocked at all the growth. :shock:
 
FoX said:
It depends on the restaurant. Make reservations if you can. If they won't take them, ask when to arrive to avoid the wait. The Red Bar is usually an hour wait if you go after 5 but most people seem to like hanging out in the street or visiting the Zoo Gallery.

Overall I don't think you'll have too many problems. But I bet you'll be shocked at all the growth. :shock:

Thanks for the info. I know none of it will look or feel the same. It used to be so quiet and quaint. I can remember visiting my friend's grandmother's cottage on the beach in Grayton back in the 60's - 70's and I tho't it was so boring and dead then!
 
Rudyjohn said:
It's been 7 - 8 years since I've been in the area and I'm starting to realize after reading here that there are major changes & tremendous growth. (Scared... ) So, are there horribly long waits for restaurants? Like here in the Chicago area, if you don't go by 4 or 4:30pm (or wait 'til after 9:30pm), then, you wait for 1.5 to 2 hrs. We don't want that on vacation but afraid it will be the same way.
never go the the Publix at WaterColor Crossing on Sat. afternoons. It will take you 30 minutes to check out. I was reminded of this fact this afternoon.
 
Rudyjohn said:
Thanks for the info. I know none of it will look or feel the same. It used to be so quiet and quaint. I can remember visiting my friend's grandmother's cottage on the beach in Grayton back in the 60's - 70's and I tho't it was so boring and dead then!

The Golden years. :lol:
 
We went to Goatfeathers while on vacation at Blue Mountain Beach. We DID have a big party (12) but it took an hour wait before we were seated and and hour wait after we were seated to just be waited on. It was excellent food though.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top