• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Love the site

New posts
My family has vacationed in Seagrove for six years now. Our children are now 4 and 6 years old. I think Seagrove is the perfect vacation spot for a family - the beaches are not crowded, and they are quiet. We play on the beach all morning/early afternoon, then often head to PCB or Destin for dinner and some shopping/playing. What I love most about SoWal is that it IS close enough to go into the more typical "vacation towns" and enjoy all those things - but you get to come back to a peaceful, dark beach at night and get away from all the hustle and bustle.

We'll be there in one week and can't wait! Every year we discuss going somewhere new . . .but we love SoWal so much that we know anywhere else would pale in comparison. :wub:
 
My sister and I love Seagrove. We don't have kids, but when in Seagrove you are in the middle of everything. Destin and PCB are only about 20min away so if you needed more kid orientated activities you could go there. We have stayed in all three places 30-A was the best. I know alot of this has already been said, but had to give my input as a fellow Kentuckian.
By the way I'm from Paducah, Kentuckians :wub: :wub: Sowalton
 
beachlvr said:
We'll be there in one week and can't wait! Every year we discuss going somewhere new . . .but we love SoWal so much that we know anywhere else would pale in comparison. :wub:

We do the same thing. Sowal is a place we know we can both just unwind and relax. To bad I have to wait until Sept.
 
dbuck said:
(2) We don't have amusement parks and such around here, so after dinner it was a treat to take Tyler (my son) to the amusement parks for an hour. What I am trying to say is, at the time it was just easier for us to stay in Destin or Panama City, although we did stay in Seagrove a couple of times. And now that my son has graduated from high school, it looks like mom and dad can head for 30A.:clap_1: Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book, but hey, I take vacations seriously.:wub:

Although PCB still has miniature golf, Shipwreck Island water park, and other amusements for kids, the amusement park, Miracle Strip, itself closed at the end of last summer.

When I think of PCB, I think of neon lights, high rises, tatoo parlors and Tshirts for sale. Although we do enjoy going to PCB for entertainment now and then, I wouldn't want to spend more than a day at a time there. When I think of Seagrove, I think of white beaches, dirt roads, walking in peace to Seaside, the sounds of the beach, bugs, frogs, and birds, and letting the kids do some exploring on their own on bikes. Of course, I realize I'm biased, I love Seagrove and so do my 9 and 12 year old kids.
 
SGB said:
Although PCB still has miniature golf, Shipwreck Island water park, and other amusements for kids, the amusement park, Miracle Strip, itself closed at the end of last summer.

When I think of PCB, I think of neon lights, high rises, tatoo parlors and Tshirts for sale. Although we do enjoy going to PCB for entertainment now and then, I wouldn't want to spend more than a day at a time there. When I think of Seagrove, I think of white beaches, dirt roads, walking in peace to Seaside, the sounds of the beach, bugs, frogs, and birds, and letting the kids do some exploring on their own on bikes. Of course, I realize I'm biased, I love Seagrove and so do my 9 and 12 year old kids.

You are not biased. You just get it. :wub:
 
SBilliter:

From a local's perspective, and echoing the thoughts of a lot of friends and family who come here to visit:

-PCB generally has a lot in common with east coast FL beach towns like Daytona. Neon, high rises, bars, water parks, and the like. Busy and noisy.
-Destin has nicer shopping, better restaurants (and more familiar chain restaurants) and less drunks than PCB. Just about as busy and congested, in a more suburban way.
-30A (South Walton county) is more relaxed and generally more family-oriented. Only two high rises that were grandfathered in. You stay in a condo unit or a house (all sizes and prices available). Nicer restaurants than PCB, harder (but not impossible) to find inexpensive eateries.

I live in Seagrove, which is about 25 minutes from either PCB or Destin. From here, you can make a run to either as needed without having to put up with it full-time. It's really hard to go wrong anywhere on 30A. Our social life seems to hover around Grayton and Seaside.

Check out all the old threads on this forum and do a search on topics that interest you.

Personal opinion follows: I would vacation in PCB or Destin if I were a college student. I'm not. All my friends and family, with or without kids, have tried Daytona, Myrtle Beach, Gulf Shores, etc. and keep coming back to SoWal.
 
SGB said:
When I think of PCB, I think of neon lights, high rises, tatoo parlors and Tshirts for sale. Although we do enjoy going to PCB for entertainment now and then, I wouldn't want to spend more than a day at a time there. When I think of Seagrove, I think of white beaches, dirt roads, walking in peace to Seaside, the sounds of the beach, bugs, frogs, and birds, and letting the kids do some exploring on their own on bikes. Of course, I realize I'm biased, I love Seagrove and so do my 9 and 12 year old kids.

I totally agree with you. I love Seagrove, although Blue Mt. Beach used to be breathtakingly beautiful to me. I haven't been since the hurricanes last year and from some of the pictures I have seen, it looks like Blue Mt. Beach had a lot of erosion. Praying for NO hurricanes this year.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top