• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Measles in Walton County

New posts

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Any reported cases in Walton County or surrounding counties?

The news reports are starting to worry me in other places.
 
Any reported cases in Walton County or surrounding counties?

The news reports are starting to worry me in other places.
It's crazy. Can't believe that we eradicated this disease in the U.S. and now it's back because some folks don't believe in vaccines.

If you've been properly vaccinated, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. But if you're unsure or have concerns, I would talk to your doctor.
 
FYI if you had the vaccine in the 1960's , it could be a weak dose and apparently weakened to the point that it was not detected when tested. When I had my daughter in 1991, i was informed of the situation and had a second dose after she was born. I would definitely check with your doctor.
 
I recently had to get a booster when my first grandchild was born since I had been vaccinated in the 50s.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top