• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

More sadness on Hwy 331

New posts
I met Bill a couple times, but I didn't know him very well. He used to deliver newspapers to Fonville in the mornings. He'll certainly be missed.
 
Please let this accident be a reminder to focus on driving when we are behind the wheel. Let's stop taking notes as we drive, stop talking on the phone, stop reaching into the back seat, etc.

Can I just add three words? SAFE FOLLOWING DISTANCE. I don't think that anyone drives by the two-second rule anymore. And I hate to say it, but I did notice that people in SoWal (and PCB, especially) are even worse than the drivers up here. I'm not sayin' it's the locals.. more likely tourists who think that since they're on vacation, the rules don't apply..

What a tragic story. I hate to hear of things like this that are so completely preventable, if only people would pay attention. (and I'm sure I'm guilty of it too..)
 
i won't take 331 (homicide highway) anymore after what i saw earlier this summer with drivers weaving, swerving and incredibly sloooooow reaction time - got off it then (went miles out of the way) and haven't been on it since - then with all the reports of accidents continuing on it, its just not worth it - there are other, much slower, much safer ways to get where you are going, where the only traffic is a tractor going down the middle of the road and the speed limit is 35mph. (so what if it takes twice as long - you 'arrive alive' and smiling like bob the viagra man - half the trip is the drive, you know - and if you can't wait that long to have a beer or to 'get there' (then what?), you have some sort of a problem and i don't want you on the road with me ever)

i hereby suggest, in all seriousness, only driving on 331 if you are in a big hurry, speeding, tailgating, sick, talking, eating, drunk or on drugs (prescription medicine included!) or anything else that makes you a menace to everybody else

we also noticed the quality of driving had deteriorated immensely once we got to the actual beach, people were speeding, tailgating, cutting others off, blasting radios, jumping lights and generally driving like total idiots - either it was worse or we had slowed down enough to notice it

they say that slowing down can add years to your life, and, at least when it comes to driving the redneck riviera, it may even be true

slow down and enjoy everything while we still have it!
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top