• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need a portable house?

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Need a portable house? This one seen at the intersection of 395/30A was being delivered to a location on or off of San Juan.
 
jdarg said:
Let's just leave it on the wheels and I can move it around when I get bored.

That could come in handy. Is the furniture nailed down?
 
That reminds me...Everyone should pick up a copy of this month's edition of Cottage Living, it contains an article about Katrina Cottages. A consortium of architects including DPZ have come up with the idea of building small 300-1000 sqft homes to put on the lots of those waiting to rebuild in the hurricane battered areas of the Gulf Coast. Essentially, the cottage sits at the back of the lot, and the family lives in the cottage while the main house is being built. When the main structure is complete, the cottage can be used as a guest house or an office etc, creating a historically accurate Creole community indigenous to the affected areas. The costs of these projects are much cheaper than FEMA trailers, safer, far better looking, and much more efficient, considering that there will be a use for the structure when the family has moved into the main structure (no costs associated with coming to pick up the trailer and then haul it elesewhere where it will most likely sit for God knows how long).
 
Smiling JOe said:
Need a portable house? This one seen at the intersection of 395/30A was being delivered to a location on or off of San Juan.
:funn: San Juan. Amazing.
Would you be shocked if I told you I was in posession of the San Juan street sign from I would say...1999?
 
Kimmifunn said:
:funn: San Juan. Amazing.
Would you be shocked if I told you I was in posession of the San Juan street sign from I would say...1999?

Not shocking at all. :lolabove:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top