• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need Impact Resistant Residential Window Tint

New posts
I just wanted to follow up and say that I had the tinted, impact-resistant window film installed last week by Steve Cobucci of SC Designing Inc. Steve was incredibly personable as well as professional. My windows look great and my house is much cooler. I highly recommend Steve and his product.

Good info PR..what was the price per window? We are looking at having this done at our home. Thanks
 
Here is a link to the products that Steve carries. 3m is top rated for it's widow films.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/WF/3MWindowFilms/

Please note that they only promise to keep shards of broken glass contained and help keep water out.

They do not claim to stop projectiles or help keep your windows from breaking (though I think it would definitely help and 3M makes great products that often do more than they claim they do).

Many homes built in this area (before the new codes went into effect) were structurally engineered for "internal pressure" meaning the non-rated windows would blow out and preserve the overall structure of your home. An applied film will not prevent this.
 
Please note that they only promise to keep shards of broken glass contained and help keep water out.

They do not claim to stop projectiles or help keep your windows from breaking (though I think it would definitely help and 3M makes great products that often do more than they claim they do).

Many homes built in this area (before the new codes went into effect) were structurally engineered for "internal pressure" meaning the non-rated windows would blow out and preserve the overall structure of your home. An applied film will not prevent this.

Steve represented the film exactly as you have. I have hurricane shutters to stop projectiles. I got this specifically to help with heat, and in the event a window does break, it doesn't shatter all over the floor and onto my two-year-old. It also makes it harder for a burgler to break a window and gain entry either by climbing through, or reaching in to unlock a deadbolt on my french doors.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top