• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need rental help

New posts

blakesl

Beach Comber
Alright I am in need of help determining where to stay. I am very overwhelmed. Here is what I need. A and 2 or three bedroom house. I do not want I condo. I am traveling with two children under the age of 2 and very concerned with balconies and steps. I am not picky with which part od South Walton. I would like south side of 30A and I would prefer beachfront (not surre if in budget though)

I was pretty certain the the Magnolia by the seA (Orginally were shooting for Seaside but this in out of our budget this year). I found the 1 level floor plan and screened in porches very appealing with 2 LOs. But i AM concerned with crossing the main road.

I would appreciate any thoughts, I am familiar with the area but not actual locations of the developments. Please recommend developments and actual properties. I am very overwhelmed with VBRO

Also just for laughs, can someone please update me on the house I believe the story went that an NBA player was building it and going to be a ship or a bird. I were in the area a few years in arow and monitored its progress. I am sure it is finished now though.

TIA
 
Alright I am in need of help determining where to stay. I am very overwhelmed. Here is what I need. A and 2 or three bedroom house. I do not want I condo. I am traveling with two children under the age of 2 and very concerned with balconies and steps. I am not picky with which part od South Walton. I would like south side of 30A and I would prefer beachfront (not surre if in budget though)

I was pretty certain the the Magnolia by the seA (Orginally were shooting for Seaside but this in out of our budget this year). I found the 1 level floor plan and screened in porches very appealing with 2 LOs. But i AM concerned with crossing the main road.

I would appreciate any thoughts, I am familiar with the area but not actual locations of the developments. Please recommend developments and actual properties. I am very overwhelmed with VBRO

Also just for laughs, can someone please update me on the house I believe the story went that an NBA player was building it and going to be a ship or a bird. I were in the area a few years in arow and monitored its progress. I am sure it is finished now though.

TIA

If you are talking about Magnolia cottages by the sea, I wouldn't be worried about crossing the main road at all. Its pretty easy; however, I would worry about the steps down to the beach there. I have stayed there w/ three kids 4, 5, and 8 at the time. They negotiated it well, but really it is a steep access point and not all sides are secured from a child falling thru the sides of the steps. I know some locations are higher than others, I just found this particular access higher than most.

The cottages are nice, and some have screened in porches so no fear of falling thru balcony there.
 
my budget is $2000 and dates june 20 through 27 we can go sat-sat or sun-sun [actually my husband is a teacher so anytime that week will work. I was referring to magnolia by the sea

tia
Posted via Mobile Device
 
There aren't many steps on the walkover at Summer's Edge. South of 30A, and many of the houses are even south of Eastern Lake Road. One of my sister's homes is there (non-rental), and she has felt comfortable with the boys riding bikes without supervision since they were 9 or 10. It's just a great family neighborhood, close to mine, but not as pricey. I am saying this in a totally unbiased manner because I don't have any friends or family who own rentals there, and my sister's house is not for sale.

Plus you are closer to the middle of 30A there.
 
Cottages at Camp Creek is very nice, too. Our places there are booked that week, but you can go on VRBO to see what else is available. Same kind of steps to the beach as Magnolia (also a nice community), and it's primarily a family focused community and haven't had families who have said they have problems with the steps. Mostly one story, 3 bedroom cottages with large porches, all newish built in 2002/03, huge pool. This end (east end) of 30A tends to be quite quiet because there are fewer restaurants, etc., that bring traffic. We are very close to Alys Beach and Rosemary Beach (Rosemary in particular has many family-friendly activities in the summer; see the SoWal calendar to see what's going on in the area). You can see the different cottages and layouts on VRBO if you type in "Seacrest" and then look for "Cottages at Camp Creek". You can also pm me if you want any more information about the Cottages at Camp Creek and I'm happy to answer them. Wherever you decide to stay, have a great vacation.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top