• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need Toy Suggestions

New posts
My brother and I loved Legos - I don't think we ever constructed what was shown on the box, but had a great time and found many other uses for them, including candle molds!

We also had great blocks - just basic shapes made from maple, but somehow we made "buildings" and "cities" 2-3x taller than us.
 
You must know my kid. :D This is exactly think kind of toy he would love. And yes, he has issues with losing parts to things. The things that have become unusable because of missing pieces, usually become part of his last invention.

Thanks for this suggestion. :biggrin:


There's this new imagination based toy called Bilibo... www.bilibo.com
I don't have one, but my friends kids do and all the kids seem to love it. It looks silly and boring to me, but what do I know, I'm not 5!

eta: I'm considering getting it because it's one piece. Anything with a million pieces in this household ends up scattered from one end of the place to the other or my 1 y/o attempts to eat it.
 
I don't know if he would find blocks fun but my son & all his friends sure did. He's 17 and they are still stacked in the corner of his room. He's asked many times for us to be sure and save them for his own kids one day. These cardboard blocks are very durable. When he was done playing with them for the day, we would just contain them loose in several large laundry bags. No need to stack.


6070.jpg

I loved these as a child!!!!! In fact, gave a set to my 4 yr old nephew for Christmas! You actually put these blocks together, so you only use what you need!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top