seagrovegirl
Beach Fanatic
After being in Freeport for the 8th grade, my parents transferred us to Bruner JH and FWBHS. I was sent back to Freeport in the 11th grade as punishment for skipping school (going to the beach to watch surfers)......FWBHS is strong on acedemics and it was cool to be smart and make good grades. I found that Freeport was the opposite. If you made good grades, you were heckled and ridiculed. Admittedly, this was a long time ago....late 70's early eighties.
My beef now are coaches teaching. Most of them do not teach.....they write on the board, you take notes, then take a test. It seems coaches are passing their time during the day, making a pay check, until it's time to play sports. I think teachers should be enthusiastic and excited about what they teach...it rubs off on the students.
My beef now are coaches teaching. Most of them do not teach.....they write on the board, you take notes, then take a test. It seems coaches are passing their time during the day, making a pay check, until it's time to play sports. I think teachers should be enthusiastic and excited about what they teach...it rubs off on the students.