• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

PF Chang's Unbelievable

New posts
Hey Now thats Paula Dean, For the Love Of Butter's sake!!!!
 
When I was in Savannah last month I saw the looooonnnngggg line (broiling in the hot GA sun) outside of the Paula Deen's Lady & Sons.....:roll: Standing in line for hours for a fried chickin n' biskut buffet???? :blink:

Hey Now...... Thats Paula Deen!!!!!!!
For the Love of Butter Man!!!!!:yikes:
 
We went to PF Chang's for lunch today. We will not be going back. The food was fine, but the service was horrible. We got there at 11:30 with no line and plenty of empty tables. Did not get our food until 12:40. No Chinese food is worth that wait.
 
We went to PF Chang's for lunch today. We will not be going back. The food was fine, but the service was horrible. We got there at 11:30 with no line and plenty of empty tables. Did not get our food until 12:40. No Chinese food is worth that wait.

Great Chinese food is worth that wait, but you know what, after today's performance:

PFCB (Common Stock)
Exchange NASDAQ (US Dollar)
Price $28.63
Change (%) 0.78 (2.80%)
Volume 643,756
Data as of 11/12/07 2:45 p.m. ET

Do you think Paul Fleming really gives a hoot? :bang: Big chainers, dine at your own risk!
 
We went to PF Chang's for lunch today. We will not be going back. The food was fine, but the service was horrible. We got there at 11:30 with no line and plenty of empty tables. Did not get our food until 12:40. No Chinese food is worth that wait.

Not when' it's "10 minute" everywhere else.;-)
 
Re: Why Chain Restaurants?

Why does anyone eat at chain restaurants like PF Changs? Support the Indy restaurants. 99% of chain restaurants suck anyway!! I think people go to the chains because they feel safe. They get boring food at a percieved value that isn't any less expensive than an independant restaurant. Chains are lame!!!
 
I'm all for supporting local businesses when I've got the chance, but I'm not big on the assumption that the local places are always preferable to the chains. There are a fair number of local places who seem to succeed by running their businesses like an Applebee's and skating by on location.

And then there are the decent chains as well. Our go-to place for a couple quick sandwiches in Destin is Zoe's. Small chain out of Alabama that does Greek-influenced sandwiches and salads. The local franchise is owned by a nice couple in their late 20s/early 30s. We've been eating there since they opened, and I know how hard they worked to get their businesses off the gorund. There were a couple of years there where it seemed like they were working 70 hour work weeks doing everything including a fair amount of the cooking because they didn't seem to be in the position to hire counter staff at the time. Good customer service, and it's always pleasant to eat there.

I'm glad they seem to have made it, chain or no, and I'm actually glad when I go there and don't see them in the restuarant because they deserve to be able to cut back to a 40 hour work week running their business.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top