• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Police Patrol

New posts
Since we are all confessing stuff... and the allowed time has passed....

I remember someone painting the seaside water tower, Seaside Sucks!

I could not believe someone was crazy enough to climb up there and do that!;-)
Are you telling on Romeosmydog? :funn:
 
oh.. the memories this thread has brought back.:blink: hehe...I was just telling someone yesterday about when Pt.Washington was fun.... back in the day...when your(or anyone elses for that matter) dogs dined inside with you in Grayton. The corner cafe didnt need servers, if the guys were busy you got your own D*** beer, forget ANY service if the surf was good...Bay Drive WAS the DRAGSTRIP...you could actually get up to 50mph on 30A...#!%*,im getting old. :biggrin:


Do you remember the fire that took out the Seacrest Beach area.... ? I knew these two little brothers that loved to play with matches! :eek:
 
Do you remember the fire that took out the Seacrest Beach area.... ? I knew these two little brothers that loved to play with matches! :eek:
What is now ALYS? yep I remember that....all those little scrub oaks charred...on both sides of 30a. Nude Beach was never the same after that LOL
Remember the little one cell substation up on 393? had the fire dept,substation and everything in the little closet sized building?And the fire dept was VOLUNTEER?

ohoh who remembers this... they found all the gas cans and jon boats that were used to refuel drug boats in the gulf out in the camp creek area?
 
Last edited:
Do you remember the fire that took out the Seacrest Beach area.... ? I knew these two little brothers that loved to play with matches! :eek:

:eek:

I remember going down 98 to Panama City, and there is fire on both sides of the road. Stopped at the JrFoodStore at Inlet Beach and called about the fire, and was told it was a controlled burn. I knew I hadn't seen anyone watching it, so I asked if it was supposed to be in the tops of the pine trees, jumping across the road. :idontno:

Two hours later, I'm coming back, being passed on Back Beach Road by every fire truck in Bay County....road closed at 30A/98...36 hours to get it under control. :shock:

But bobbyj...you would have been too old to have been "playing" with matches then. I would hope so, anyway. Must have been a different fire. :lol:
 
What is now ALYS? yep I remember that....all those little scrub oaks charred...on both sides of 30a. Nude Beach was never the same after that LOL
Remember the little one cell substation up on 393? had the fire dept,substation and everything in the little closet sized building?And the fire dept was VOLUNTEER?

ohoh who remembers this... they found all the gas cans and jon boats that were used to refuel drug boats in the gulf out in the camp creek area?

Yep, yep, and I remember the drug find.

Fuzz and I fell in love when he worked out of the old substation. :wub:
 
They are never where you want them to be...like when you're sitting at a light waiting for the green and when you finally get it, you have to wait on 3 cars to finish running the red to get thru the intersection. :bang:

This reminds me of an incident in Jacksonville not too long ago. Cars kept running the red light and the policeman was parked in a parking lot at the corner.

He just started pointing at them and in no time had about half a dozen cars pulled over to the side of the road writing tickets!
 
I remember the days when the dirt roads out numbered the paved roads. There was nothing more funn that going out after dark in our charged up Dodge pickup truck and playing Dukes of Hazzard! I'm sure the torn up clay road beds after a night of frollicking probably had a direct result in how fast they washed out during rains.

Who remembers far enough back when the roads were made of little more than gravel embedded in poor quality asphault? Man, they would tear your feet up if you had to walk on the from your house to the beach...

Those were the good ol' days!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top