• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seagrove killed us

New posts
I think there is a program out there for you....my husband always overpacks when we go to FL! I always remind him that you end up wearing the same thing over and over...it has helped him cut back!!!!
 
We were *supposed* to go to a hotel in Playa Del Carmen, but they had some hurricane damage a few weeks before we were scheduled to come, so we changed at the last minute and went to (gulp) Cancun, the JW Marriott.
I found it on tripadvisor.com. If you've never been to that site, go. It's really cool, and has reviews from real people who've visited the different hotels all over the world.

While it was a magnificent hotel, the beaches absolutely reaked of exhaust fumes from the wave runners and boats that took the parasailers out. I couldn't even sit on it after the first few days because it smelled so bad. And you could smell it at the pools, too. At one point, I counted 12 wave runners, one big smelly boat and one medium smelly boat, all right in front of our hotel. The boats that took parasailers out rode literally within yards of swimmers heads, to pick up passengers. Very uncool. It was loud and it stunk, and it ruined my beach time. I'm not the back-packy granola type, but it was just too overrun and concrete for my taste, and it felt like we were vacationing in a big giant mall.

I brought every piece of clothing I own, every shoe, every sandal, every purse, every hair product, nail polish, you name it, I brought it. When you drive, it's no biggie, but when you fly, which I hadn't for some time, it's embarassing. I don't know what to bring, so I just bring IT ALL. I saw people with these little tiny suitcases for a whole family. Then there's me, standing there with my piano-sized suitcase. I think I learned my lesson.

You are soooo right about the wearing of the same things over again. Why is that?

But, no, I didn't bring my kitchenwares with me this trip. We ate out every meal, the room didn't even have a frig.
 
I was devastated to find out that there was NO STARBUCKS in Cancun. They had an Outback Steakhouse a Papa John's Pizza, Pizza Hut, but NO STARBUCKS!!!!! I mean, yeah, the whole time I complained about the over-Americanization, but c'mon, a girl needs her Grande Bold with a shot of sugar free vanilla on a daily basis.

Coffee = Life :lol:
 
Underthebluemoon said:
I was devastated to find out that there was NO STARBUCKS in Cancun. Coffee = Life :lol:

Not to worry. There are two Starbucks in Sandestin alone. Three if you count the Publix shopping center next to the property. :lol:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top