• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seaside Condos-Central Square, future development?

New posts

newsprint

Beach Lover

We looked at a couple of the condos at Seaside that overlookCentral Square/Amphitheater. The unitswere beautiful and had nice waterviews. However, I understand that there are plans to eventually knock down allof the Seaside beachfront commercial property and build condos which mayobstruct this view.
Does anyone have an opinion of the likelihood of thishappening and expected timing?

Also, I’d appreciate help on where I can find more detailsor articles about this plan.
 
For many years, Seaside has had conceptual plans of this. I'm often surprised by how many people buy in Seaside, who are totally surprised to see Seaside grow into what has been planned for years.
 
Search for "seaside plans" as there was a thread back in 2007 that discussed the plan at the time and did include changes south of 30A. I DO NOT KNOW how/if it has been changed but the realtor that was showing you the Seaside Condos should be able to give you answers to what it might look like now.
 
I would worry more about the crazy tall tower they want to build than any buildings south of 30A that would be limited to 35' tall.
 
I would call Beverly Johnson on that one at 850-830-2860. Back in the day she knew all the plans in that area and I would bet she could still lead you in that correct direction. Good luck!
 
There has been plans to build a hotel there for 20 years. The fact is that the area remains too seasonal to support hotels. Watercolor Inn has not been financially viable despite it's high season rates. It's also cheaper for families to rent a house in the area than to stay at Watercolor Inn. Adding a second hotel would just drive down occupancy, ADR and RevPar at both properties.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top