• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seaside Half Marathon and 5k

New posts
Jfunn and I can make a repeat performance as the best water stand in the land.
 
I am definitely riding my bike in this year's run/walk. I can cover more territory that way. ;-) Last year was painful, and I walked.
 
55 days until the Seaside Half Marathon and 5k, Sunday, March 4th.
For all you people who have made New Year's Resolutions, here is the chance to come out and have a great time and run/walk on the most beautiful course around! Lots of delicious food, drinks, music and more! Thank you to all who are sponsoring the race:wub: and if you would like to be a sponsor, please pm me. All of the proceeds go to the Seaside Neighborhood School! The collectible t-shirt designed by Billie Gaffery is worth it alone! The 5k sold out last year, so if you think you might be up for a little 3 mile stroll, act fast!
Sorry, can't make it. My New Year's resolution was to avoid personal contact with EMTs.
 
I am definitely riding my bike in this year's run/walk. I can cover more territory that way. ;-) Last year was painful, and I walked.


How true! The next day I could hardly drag my body to the beach! Should have trained a little more aka I :funn: should have trained period!


Sorry, can't make it. My New Year's resolution was to avoid personal contact with EMTs.

:floor: :rofl: There were moments I thought it was possible.


My only regret was that I was a bit shy last year and did not wear a SoWal sticker to meet new friends.
 
More info:

Expo: Saturday
Music on Saturday: Marc Harris and Sister Johnson
Pasta dinner on Saturday: Cooked by Local Chef and Artist, Justin Gaffery
Silent Auction: Sat and Sun -GRAYT items!
Food and BEER for participants on Sunday: Provided by Jim and Nick's BBQ

This is the happenin' event - NEW this year:

Chip Timing!

Sneaker Sponsorship! For $100. a family/small business/individual can sponsor a sign (made out of plywood and painted by the Seaside students) in the shape of a running shoe. These signs will be lining the race course. You may keep the sign if you like (makes a GRAYT garden decoration) or donate them back to the school, to be used and repainted the next year. Please pm me if you are interested in being a sneaker sponsor!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top