• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Should Code Enforcement become Proactive?

New posts
[q11uote=florida girl;364867]I think if that happens, we'll be living in a police state!
BS!!! No "police state" about it. Just better "policing" of needed code requirements.[/quote]

everyone has opinions and mine is there are to many codes being enforced by the govenment.:bang: where is freedom heading? I bet George Washington would roll over in his grave if he could see the govenment now!
 
Hey northender, if you don't like the laws, change the laws. A gov't which doesn't enforce its laws is one which is going to the crapper. To quote President "Abe" Lincoln, "Study the Constitution. Let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed from the legislatures, and enforced in courts of justice." I haven't read the post asking for big gov't. I am simply saying that if we are not going to enforce laws, why the heck should we have laws? A lawless society is anarchy and I guarantee you that no right-minded person wants that.

Many of our early Presidents were for small gov't, but every last one of them was for upholding the laws which existed. If the people object to a law, there is plenty of room and authority to seek and change the laws.
 
Hey northender, if you don't like the laws, change the laws. A gov't which doesn't enforce its laws is one which is going to the crapper. To quote President "Abe" Lincoln, "Study the Constitution. Let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed from the legislatures, and enforced in courts of justice." I haven't read the post asking for big gov't. I am simply saying that if we are not going to enforce laws, why the heck should we have laws? A lawless society is anarchy and I guarantee you that no right-minded person wants that.

Many of our early Presidents were for small gov't, but every last one of them was for upholding the laws which existed. If the people object to a law, there is plenty of room and authority to seek and change the laws.
And I definitely second this post! Good job, SJ.:clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top