Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.
Did anyone hear the sonic boom, about an hour ago? It was the shuttle passing overhead, wish it would have been clearer skies. I was out on the dock checking the crab traps when I heard it, nearly fell in the bayou!
Did anyone hear the sonic boom, about an hour ago? It was the shuttle passing overhead, wish it would have been clearer skies. I was out on the dock checking the crab traps when I heard it, nearly fell in the bayou!
Yes I was watching it on NASA TV and knew it was passing over us but figured I wouldn't be able to see it because of the clouds. It was quite loud and from the tracking on the monitor it looked like it was already over Central Florida when I heard it.
We not only heard the sonic boom, we saw the Shuttle. I'd say we were out there watching it for maybe ten minutes.
The younger son warned us way ahead of time so we went up on our rickety balcony to see. All my tired old eyes saw was the contrail, but the kid said (in his own words) that between the patchy clouds he could see the Shuttle "glinting in the sun." (He's kind of a space geek. ;-))
only 18 more landings to go - thank heavens they're back safely
atlantis is next to fly in february
yep, i'm a space geek too
seen two launches - i always wanted to moon the world on national tv right in front of the big countdown clock, at less than 5 seconds cause they can't stop it or the tv coverage then, but never dared it