• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Trip report from first timer.

New posts
Bamabeachbum: Your trip report inspired me to write my trip report since your's was so helpful and interesting! Also, you have really inspired me to try the Great Southern restaurant. Thanks.
 
Thanks Paula. We are already talking about next year and I think will go that same week, just seems like a good time before the fourth of July. I will have to get my wife a spa treatment next time where down there, she would love that!

The food at Great Southern was outstanding, but was just as outstanding is that you really felt like they where so glad you picked there restraunt to eat at. Great Service plus very good food makes for a wonderful experience.
 
:clap_1: :clap_1: The good was good, and the bad and the ugly...typical reaction! I agree completely!!! So glad you :wub: the area!
 
Bamabeachbum that sounds perfect :wub: now you know what we are talking about ;-) see you next year!!!!!!
 
bamabeachbum said:
Thanks Paula. We are already talking about next year and I think will go that same week, just seems like a good time before the fourth of July. I will have to get my wife a spa treatment next time where down there, she would love that!

The food at Great Southern was outstanding, but was just as outstanding is that you really felt like they where so glad you picked there restraunt to eat at. Great Service plus very good food makes for a wonderful experience.

Just this statement alone makes me want to go to this restaurant. They ought to frame this and hang it on the wall.
 
jdarg,

If you go, get the owners cookbook. Has some really great dishes that I cant wait to try. I put it right up there with Paul Prudhommes, Louisiana Kitchen Cookbook. Jim came to our table and signed the book and chatted with us for a while, very nice young man.

Seagrove lover,

Yes I see what your talking about. It was exactly what I wanted. Old style beach town, laid back, and very friendly people. I cant wait to come back!
 
bamabeachbum said:
Thanks Paula. We are already talking about next year and I think will go that same week, just seems like a good time before the fourth of July. I will have to get my wife a spa treatment next time where down there, she would love that!

The food at Great Southern was outstanding, but was just as outstanding is that you really felt like they where so glad you picked there restraunt to eat at. Great Service plus very good food makes for a wonderful experience.

Sounds like you're becoming one of the SoWal old-timers very quickly! And that's a very good thing. It's a wonderful community. We'll be there in August again and can't wait.
 
bamabeachbum said:
I am ready to go back, we are thinking of August also.

Make that a third. We usually go down to the beach without our older teenage children, but this time we're going to kidnap them for a bit of pre-school year R&R, hopefully early August!
 
Make that a 4th! I am hoping to go down early August...before the sorority house opens back up! :clap_1: then it is back to the daily grind of cooking....:biggrin: but I love it!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top