• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

TS Dean

New posts
I do not like storms that cross the Yucatan peninsula. Especially when there is a front moving east. :angry:
 
I realize most probably know, but just to be sure....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/083540.shtml?5day#contents

Remember that if you have to board up and don't have your supplies, you better go now...if its a rental, don't rely on your rental company...finally they'll close access bridges when winds top 50mph the day ahead of the storm...
I believe the bridges in Walton County close when sustained wind speeds reach only 34-40 mph, a bit less than our surrounding counties. Good advice on not relying upon others to do the boarding for you.
 
I believe the bridges in Walton County close when sustained wind speeds reach only 34-40 mph, a bit less than our surrounding counties. Good advice on not relying upon others to do the boarding for you.


For Ivan and Dennis the directive was to close them at 45 mph sustained.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top